Boycott Trump’s State of the Union
Who has two thumbs and isn’t going to normalize stupidity… this guy; a list of other things to watch.
If you’re like most Americans, you are most likely fed up with Trump. Quinnipiac poll says 36% of neighbors are stupid and somehow think he is doing a good job. Anything Trump says is a lie, the things he can accomplish as an Executive are done to feed his ego, make his rich friends richer and hurt working people. It’s amazing how much media coverage he is getting for this bullshit State of the Union address. What the hell does he really know about anything other than tweet battles with hip-hop icons and the favorite sexual positions of porn stars behind his victim-wife’s back? I know what your saying, c’mon already give him a chance, let him succeed, support the “President”; but guys and gals, tonight’s circus is going to be a disaster, nothing good will come of it, and the only network that will normalize it is FOX. This man will be impeached, and when the stock market crashes in 2 years, it will take a Democrat with union backing 4 years to fix Trump’s childish messes.
Don’t get me wrong, I want my buddies in the Building Trades to get Infrastructure work, but there is no plan and there never will be. I want America to be a place where immigrants are given opportunities like my immigrant great-grandparents had, but not at the cost of the non-union building a silly wall that does nothing. I want blue-collar union cops to feel safe and appreciated, but careers in law enforcement are always going to draw criticism, no matter who occupies the White House or Wall Street.
So tonight, I am not going to watch Trump, nor read any reports or engage in a spirited debate about it. Like most God-fearing red-blooded Americans, I’m going to do other things; maybe start some projects around the house, read a few chapters in JFK’s Profiles in Courage book or take my German Shepard for a long walk.
By watching Trump tonight, you give networks ratings and ratings equate to money and a mandate; a mandate to keep reporting Trump, and in reporting Trump, they promote him. Instead, help reduce Trump’s rating by leaving your TV on one of the programs below. Since TV ratings are determined by the percentage of people watching TV, it is important that you leave your TV on. So, don’t give the networks permission to promote Trump. Do other things, and to help you find other shit to do tonight, the staff at UCOMM researched other television programs that will be on tonight that will serve as a better use of your time.
- On ESPN you can watch an SEC showdown between Vanderbilt and Kentucky, ESPN2 will have a Big 12 showdown between Baylor and Oklahoma and ESPN U will have the SEC showdown between Arkansas and Texas A&M.
- On USA, WWE Smackdown will be on from 8-10 PM, wouldn’t it be funny if Trump’s Cabinet member's company helped destroy his TV rating?
- Want to know why Trump is so screwed up? Get an insight into the way the 1% lives by watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on Bravo.
- Want to see how real tycoons run their business, instead of a charlatan like Trump? Check out Shark Tank on CNBC.
- On Comedy Central, Drunk History will be airing all night, taking a look at how Journalist took down one of the most powerful political machines in the country, famous female heroes in history and a brand new episode on dangerous minds in history.
- E! is taking a closer look at actress Rose McGowan, who helped spark the #metoo movement when she spoke out about Harvey Weinstein’s sexual harassment and abuse. The documentary starts at 8:00 PM.
- On NBC Sports, the Chicago Blackhawks take on the Nashville Predators. The puck will drop at 8:00 PM.
- On CW, you can get your superhero fix with the Flash at 8:00 PM and Black Lightning.
- On A&E Intervention will air with a brand-new episode at 9:00 PM
- On Discovery you can check out a Moonshiners marathon, with a new episode kicking off at 9:00 PM.